Project #3

Link to Project #3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f1cb3Lc2MtEJZz8obhX592eeEfFVNvGDP-6nw3V-Auo/edit


Individual Collaboration Report: 
Project Proposal: The purpose of this memo is to propose our solution for the below standard teamwork shown at Universal Assistance. Included will be a discussion of the problem and our method for finding and sharing the solution. In addition we will introduce each of team members and what our tasks will be for the solution. We will also be including details about where and how we intend to conduct the research. Next we will go over how we intend to track our team's time, energy and labor. There will be a table outlining the responsibilities for each team member.

SUMMARY: Jonah, Wesley, and Ashley will be conducting research to help create a better team atmosphere in the workplace of Universal Assistance. It is important that the team works well together to create a manual that can be used at Universal Assistance to help their employees work better as a team.

DISCUSSION:
The problem at hand is that UA’s team members are unable to work together effectively. There is room for improvement within the UA team structure when it comes to communicating, project management, managing conflict, encouraging diversity, and general issues when it comes to working in a team. We will do extensive research primarily online coming from scholarly articles, and textbooks to find solutions to improve UA’s team work. The solution will be presented in the form of a short digital report, no more than one page.

To conduct the research we will use the University of Arizona library database, google scholar, and other professional sources to find the correct sources. Before doing anything we have to be able to work as a team to find the correct sources to support our ideas and theory in what we are presenting. Tracking the time, energy, and labor can be done by several applications for example Google Documents. You can see all the changes and material added by each group member by looking at the Drive history. It highlights every member work contribution so you don’t have to work about someone taking credit for something they did not write. Another way to track the team’s effort is by setting up some check in points and keeping updated with the team to make sure everyone is doing their part in the project.

A little bit about the members of our team. Jonah is a Mechanical Engineering major, and will graduate in August 2017. He works for Groupon full time as a Business Development Representative. Wesley is Natural Resources: Wildlife Management major and will graduate in the Fall of 2018. He works at Costco Wholesale. Ashley is a Public health major and will graduate May 2018. She works at Champs Sport and Volunteer at Banner Hospital during her free time.


Member
Communication methods
Project management
Managing conflict
Encouraging Diversity
Fixing Common Group Problems
Extra solution 1
Extra solution 2
Jonah
X
X
Ashley
X
X
Wesley
X
X
X


DD12HW8:
I have done the acknowledgments, table of contents, introduction, background, problem statement, and methods used to produce the report. I need to add more to my components of managing conflict and emphasizing diversity. I did not have enough time because I was starting the report but I will finish my parts accordingly. I am proud of the work I put on the draft and the image I put in the project. I have been struggling with resources but I am getting better at using the search engine to find my resources. With better resources I can have a stronger argument and a strong writing portion in the report.


DD12HW9:
Ashley White: Communicated with my members through a group chat and also on the phone. I contribute to the annotated bibliography, draft, synthesized the research. I found pictures I would like to use in the Tip Sheet. I been trying to stop everything and being a good member. I am the parts of managing conflict and encouraging diversity.

Final Contribution by each group member:

Member
Executive Summary
Acknowledgments
Introduction
Background
Problem Statement
Methods used
Jonah






Ashley
x
x
x
x
x
x
Wesley








Members
Conclusion
Tip Sheet
Jonah


Ashley

a
Wesley
x




Member
Communication methods
Project management
Managing conflict
Encouraging Diversity
Fixing Common Group Problems
Extra solution 1
Extra solution 2
Jonah
X
X
Ashley
X
X
Wesley
X
X
X



To: Professor Emily Thomas
From: Ashley White
Subject: Individual Collaboration Report Memo

My contributions:
I did the set up of the final project along with executive summary, acknowledgements, introduction, background, methods use, problem statement, managing conflict, encouraging diversity, and tip sheet.

The work I am proud of:
How the documents look and the work I put it. I like the pictures I added also.

Future Revise:
I would had more skills about communication and listening in the document.

Learned for Future Use:

How to create an info graph online through an application. I would use this again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DD9HW1

DD10HW4 Chapter 18

DD4HW1 GSP